Monday 10 September 2012

Mum Knows Nothing, lol....

It's not a good day when not even the sunshine can warm you.

I've felt very sick today. My parents have stepped up to help which I'm so incredibly grateful for.

Tonight my big boy K called me to his room telling me he had a joke* for me.

K:"what's your name?"
Me: "Mum"
K: "what's this called?" (pointing to his nose)
Me:"nose"
K: "what's in my hands?"
Me:"nothing"
K: "ha ha ha ha, mum knows nothing!"

I faked shock and tried to tickle him while he wriggled out of my reach and we laughed.

I walked out of his room smiling.

Sometimes I forget how much of an antidote these babies of mine really are :).

*K never understood jokes. The fact that majority of the time they rely on pragmatics makes them very hard to decipher. But with practice and lots of coaching he began to understand and like jokes. Telling them (and the beginning phases when he would then explain why it was funny, which I loved and found just as funny and adorable as the joke itself!) reading joke book after joke book and memorizing them and telling them...so cool! I love his jokes so much more because of the journey he's taken to be able to tell them :).



My joker boy left this for me to find in the photos folder! Hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment