Thursday 30 August 2012

My plug.....

He stands and watches, water dripping from his shivering body while his eyes are glued to the water surface.

I go about the job of drying him, warming him, as he gives me a commentary about which stage it's up to,"Mama! Mama! Its a tunnel now! No, Umm, what did you tall it? It's a....a.....ornado!" .

"tornado?"

"Yeh a nornado!"

Soon he stands dry and I wrap the towel around him as i sit and watch too. The body of water is sucked sharply towards the plug hole, spiraling violently down, diminishing to the size of a pin prick as it's rapidly sucked through and down into the pipe below.

He quivers with excitement. Arms flapping, legs jumping as he watches and squeals with excitement. Eyes barely blinking, not wanting to miss a single moment of the escaping water funnel.

I look at it once more, tired knees screaming in agony at my pose upon the ice cold tiles. Shoulders ache from tightness and fatigue. Eyes long to shut. Brain longs for release, a chance to talk about my day and things that have made up this jumbled, horrid week...but no person is available other than the small, dependent ones and so the brain keeps screaming for release as the heart feels heavy.

Water spiraling down...I can't help but think on days such as this that my life bares stark resemblance to the 'nornado'.....'spiralling down at a rapid pace'.

Lost in my thoughts as I am I do not notice that the moment is over. The last drop of water has disappeared and so too has my boy, leaving nothing but a towel and the moist shadow of footprints on tiles in his wake.

I slowly rise, tired feet placed one in front of the other on my quest to find my fleeing nudie boy. Soon I will slumber, block out the world, the horrid, the hard. But not before I take possession of three cuddles and give ten kisses on three beautiful heads.

For tonight and each day, they be my plug.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment