Tuesday 2 October 2012

Living....

A friend dropped around to fix my washing machine on Sunday night and he asked how long I'd been in the house and suddenly I stood shocked as it dawned on me that it had already been a WHOLE WEEK! One whole week in our new house.

You'll need to forgive my absence as every night I've been falling into bed exhausted. I was left the job of sorting, packing and cleaning everything! The first six days we were barely at our new house as I dragged the children to the old house to clean and continue moving things. But finally...after some hiccups, the house settled last Thursday! It is now somebody else's and the relief I felt when I got that call was phenomenal!

What can I say about my move experience? It was almost enjoyable. My uncle and brother and a family friend helped move everything and they were so wonderful. It wasn't stressful. Previous moves I have done while married have been dreadful, stressful events where at some point I'm berated and at no point do I have a say. This time though my voice was important and we all worked together. I was calm and the whole thing went really well!

From the first night here this place has felt like home. Despite the box city we're navigating our way through each day we are so happy here. There are ups and downs still, but essentially we are working together more and life feels good here.

Today I put together the Ikea furniture I bought. It took a few hours but I did it and then we unpacked 10 boxes into it. It is situated in the kids (living room) space and looks incredible. I will share when it's complete.

I have had down moments and this move near on destroyed me...but I survived. And for the first time in a very long time..I can look at all I'm achieving each day and feel pride and feel as though I am doing more than merely surviving...it feels like I'm living...and that's a damn fine position to be in :)

xoxo
JAAK

No comments:

Post a Comment