Tuesday 27 March 2012

What do your sickness fevers deliver to you?

After four days of nursing my beautiful Girl A1 back to health from a nasty virus that was a cross between a head cold and stomach cramps/ bug it was inevitable that my supreme nursing would result in my catching it.

Unlike A2 who received enlarged tonsils out of the deal I didn't (as mine have been hacked out) but I did receive the run over by a truck, head cold and horrible, excruciating stomach cramps part! Never again will I doubt the insistance of my daughter that she is infact sick!

Suffice to say that we got to today and A2 bounced out of bed more than ready to skip back into school, recovered and feeling fine while I overslept the alarm and dropped them at school and childcare feeling like death warmed up. No actually scrap that visual because there was nothing about me that was warmed up, I was freezing! Helped not by A2s insistance that he NEEDED the window down beside him, which was right behind my head!

Finally I got back home and rememebered about a work task I promised to get done which I had completely forgotten about over my sickness filled drama filled weekend and so I set to work organising to do it. COmputer on, blanket around my back and tucked into bed in 2 layers of clothes, finally the warmth overtook the chills. As I waited for my computer to finish doing something with a program so that I could start work I thought I would just close my eyes for a minute as despite getting an unusually full nights sleep I was still so incredibly tired.

So I closed them for just a minute.....in that just a minute 4.5 hours passed by...I also managed to take two phone calls and had the most amazingly detailed and for the first time in 6 months, not terrifiying but good dream I have ever had. Infact it was so good that I really didn't want to wake until it was finished. As I sweated out the chills and slumbered the day away I was given the most amazing gift...a movie playing in my mind of my own creation...which I would remember in it's entirety when I awoke.

I got out of my warm bed and got my trusty old diary (I buy a diary each year, I always forget to use it and then use them as notebooks in subsequent years!) and wrote down all the important parts of this dream.  The characters, what happened the important details and then things I felt could also be added that were missing.

As I showered to start my day again I thought about the dream and the single thought popped into my mind riding a wave of hope and exhileration. This is my novel.

One day, when I have time, those notes and that dream will be transformed into my novel...and it will be wonderful.

What a wonderful thing to look forward to....

Now back to the reality of doing some work before leaving in fifteen minutes to get my children! EEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment