Friday 13 April 2012

She sews......



My daughter is always fascinated with my sewing (post to come about me and sewing :p) and has asked several times over the school holidays if I could teach her to sew. If she could actually make something. So this morning, considering it is the last day of the school holidays (weekend not included) I sent her to my materials cupboard to choose some materials to make a pillow case. 

She chose a cotton material with bunnies on it and a soft stretch material for the back, or front depending on how she would like it to be.

I measured it (sort of) and we pinned it and then she sat to sew.  (Notice how I didn't say we cut it out via a pattern...hmm...important info that ;) )

A1 very gingerly placed her hand on the side of the machine and her foot on the pedal. Her legs just reached the pedal enough to push it down and the first time she pressed it she gave a little jump of fright as the material began to move beneath the needle.

She did a wonderful job down one side of the pillow case before deciding that the tv would be far more interesting...leaving me standing there with a pillow case in need of finishing.

Ten minutes later it was finished and A1 paused her movie to bring her pillow down to try out her new pillow case...




It proved to be a little tooooo big/ long. After we stood and looked at it for a minute I had the idea of folding up the end of the pillow case and then A1 squelled with excitement and then ran towards her room. She returned moments later with her baby exclaiming, "This makes the PERFECT babies bed Mum!" . Why Yes, Yes it does!



What a perfect way to end the school holidays. Finishing crafting projects and making my little ballerina happy :)

Have you just survived the school holidays? What kinds of things did you get up to?

1 comment:

  1. FANTASTIC that is what i love to see. In no time she will be making clothes for her dolls . Keep it up A1

    ReplyDelete