Saturday 8 September 2012

There's something fishy going on...

This morning we were late as normal to swimming lessons, but it's ok because their swimming teacher, MsA, is totally lovely and welcomes A2 with a smile no matter what the time.

He got in and did his normal refusal to blow bubbles or refusal to kick (and on some days refusal of both! ;). ).

I was walking from the edge of the pool to my seat when I was hit with an idea!

A2 loves to make fart noises with his mouth and give raspberries when I least expect it! So I whipped around and said to him, "hey A2, blowing bubbles is the same as making fart noises with your mouth underwater! It's making fart noises at the fish!" (disclaimer- the fish alerted to are fictional and not live and swimming around in the public pool!)

He looked at me for a few moments with a look on his face which clearly translated his thoughts that I was insane!

And then...he cracked up laughing and tried it! I feigned shock at such rudeness and he did it again and again!!

It was awesome!

I sat and watched as he blew bubbles (made fart noises at fish) all through his next drill with MsA :).




practicing afterwards

I approached the poolside again and said to him, you know how you like to splash water at people? Well kicking your legs is you splashing water at the fish!

He thought that was so fun that poor MsA got a face full of water whenever she ventured too close to his feet from that point on.




For the first time ever A2 swam with his teacher and simultaneously kicked his legs and blew bubbles! :)

To celebrate this new skill we all went to watch Nemo in 3D on the big screen...




It was 'totally awesome dude!'

Today was the best kind of fishy day there ever could be :)

Just keep swimming ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment