Friday 21 September 2012

Today...

Today, after my half day of work (last day of term) I am traveling to the real estates office to be given the keys to our new home.

I haven't spoken much about the process of packing up and moving because I haven't been able to. Moving this time, is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

Each other time that I have moved it has been for happy reasons. I had just got married and we moved in together. Then our first home, building and moving to a bigger home. Leaving behind happy memories at the old house and moving forward into an expected happy future. This time it has been markedly different.

I had to go through many of those happy (and many not) times memories and belongings and each one brought with it a wave of emotions that often were just too much to bare! I had many people right by my side for the majority of the packing and I am so grateful that I did. I could not have done this without their support.

Today I get the keys placed in my hands and it will be the first house that I ever take responsibility of alone. It's a new horizon for us and I have been waiting for this moment for so very long.

To walk the corridors of a house with no ghosts.

To decorate and build a home that is safe and happy and where I belong, where the children belong and can be happy is something I dreamt of long before I was a Mum.

We are all so very excited about this move.

We are all not talking about what we are leaving behind.

Talking about it hurts...so right now we will live by this philosophy...





And looking forward to a fresh start and happier times ahead.



2 comments:

  1. very good idea cuz, onwards and upwards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that your move went well. Lots of new memories to be made in the new house.

    I have an award for you over on my blog. When you have time drop by and pick it up.

    http://whiningattheworld.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/an-awardim-honoured.html

    E.

    ReplyDelete